Thursday, July 23, 2009

My letter to Carl Levin

I have had enough, its time to speak up...and not just on this blog, or on Facebook....I recently wrote my Senator from Michigan. Hopefully anyone who reads this will be inspired to write their senator too:


Dear Senator, I just recently moved to Illinois; however, I have lived in Michigan my entire life...that's why I am writing you. I voted in Michigan, for you, and I feel like you're the guy I should be reaching out to. Listen. When is someone going to step up and say, "hey guys, we can't afford universal health care." I mean, seriously, this is getting ridiculous. It seems like Obama is ramming this thing through without considering the long-term implications. Almost like he's thinking, "whatever, we'll figure out how to pay for it later; but this is our only chance while we have a super majority." I just think that is incredibly irresponsible. I don't go out and buy a new TV on credit when my debt-to-income ratio is 100%....and I certainly don't do it when I might have to take a pay cut. Well you guys are in the same boat, only worse. Remember, you guys will make less money as I/we make less money. How can the Gov't pay for it? How can you justify this? The stimulus package was full of pork, be honest, that thing was terrible. That's over now, that money is ear-marked for saving some of Pelosi's f'n mice or something, who knows.....but you guys can start fresh, RIGHT NOW, and do the right thing for America....not the right thing for the Democrats, or the right thing for Republicans, or the right thing for some whining special interest group....or the right thing to get you re-elected...but rather, the right thing for the country AS A WHOLE.... Its time to tighten our belts and curb our spending, otherwise we WILL LOSE THE DOLLAR; trust me, I trade it every day. You need to know that the majority of my friends care a great deal about this, but no one knows how to do or say anything about it. Its not like you and I are on speaking terms; frankly, I'd be suprised if you even read this email. There are a great number of people who are just sitting on the sidelines and watching, not speaking up, but are really starting to take notice. I had a problem with the spending before, I didn't say anything. I had a problem with the way the bailouts went down, I didn't say a word. We're running a massive deficit, its only getting worse, and now we're talking about granting more social welfare, taking on more liabilities. I simply cannot NOT say anything any longer. This cant happen. Regardless of whether we NEED it, we cant afford it. It will bury us. Don't let this happen. NEED does not trump REASON. If we need it, then work the country into a spot where we can afford it....don't just spend irresponsibly, its not fair to the millions of people you HAVEN'T heard from, yet. Okay, I have to get back to work. Good talk.

1 comment:

Windtraveler said...

LOL..I just stumbled upon this blog (I know the boat Flash Gordon) - and I wrote pretty much the same letter to everyone in IL. Way to excersize your right of free speech!